This ended up in paint on the hardware anyway, so we decided to remove the doors for the rest of the cabinets. If you are going to go this route, make sure you have plenty of paint for your project before you start.
We tied together the new wood and cabinets by painting them with Chalky Finish Americana Decor Paint.
It would have been fairly difficult to stain wood and crown moulding to match the current cabinets perfectly.
Then we measured (twice), cut, and installed the molding the exact same way we that did our ceiling.
You can read a bunch of step by step tips on that here, but we essentially just used our Kreg Crown Pro (here’s an affiliate link to the one we purchased) and our miter saw to cut our molding to the correct angles and then used our nail gun (here’s an affiliate link to the one we bought) to attach the molding to the scrap wood that we added to the tops of each upper cabinet.
We finally ended up using this Bench Dog Polymer Crown-Cut Crown Molding Cutting Jig I picked up from Amazon. We the 2 odd angles above the glass window containing cabinet were 135°, so we set up our molding on the saw exactly like it would siton the cabinet, which was only possible to maintain for cutting with the use of the jig.